This is an advisory message for customers with F6-G6 Dataloggers. FTS recently discovered a bug related to the GPS Trimble module version 2010. This bug will change the year to 2039. Station transmissions should not be affected. Please note when viewing logged data, the year may indicate “2039.” If this is the case, please perform a proper power recycle on the F6-G6. This should fix the bug. This bug is still being addressed by FTS. To date, this bug only affects F6-G6 units. The RAWS Depot will provide updates to this as we receive them from FTS.
Please direct any questions to the RAWS Help Desk.
All RAWS customers are advised that the manufacturer design of the FTS Eon GOES Antenna may limit the RSFWSU Depot ability to make any repairs to this item.
Due to this maintenance limitation if an Eon GOES antenna appears to fail in the field the following maintenance policy applies to customers currently on a RSFWSU Depot contract:
1) A customer can order through the WXx Weather parts ordering process a replacement Eon antenna from the Depot parts inventory and return the antenna in question to the Depot for inspection
2) If the Depot determines the antenna is functional and requires no repair it will be placed in the Depot parts inventory and the antenna will be cleared from the customer account.
3) If the antenna fails inspection and the Depot determines it cannot be repaired the customer will be required to purchase an Eon GOES Antenna to replace the antenna pulled from the Depot parts inventory.
Please contact the RSFWSU Depot for any questions concerning the FTS Eon GOES antenna.
Due to a leap year update to the GPS satellite, the FTS G-4 transmitter has the potential to jump time. We have a temporary GOES channel that G-4 owners can use until they replace their G-4 transmitters. The temporary channel is available until October 1, 2015. Any station that is transmitting off time needs to be moved to this channel or turned off per your user agreement with NOAA. Contact the RAWS Help Desk for a temporary assignment and the vendor of your choice for a new transmitter.
RSFWSU (RAWS Depot) will continue to support the FTS FWS-12s, FWS-12 and FWS-11 until December 31, 2017
The RSFWSU Statement of Services has changed. Customers are now responsible for components that are damaged beyond repair by any cause, and not solely through abuse or vandalism.Any questions with regard to this change can be directed to your state/agency RAWS program manager or the RSFWSU feedback email.
The RSFWSU no longer provides maintenance support for the Smoke Monitor kits (NFES 5840).
All questions or inquiries with regard to this program can be directed to:Pete Lahm
USFS 1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20250 (202) 205-1084
NOAA has issued a requirement to upgrade all transmitters to CS-2. All transmitters sold after May 1st 2012 are CS-2 compliant. All field users have until 31 May 2026 to upgrade their transmitters to CS-2. CS-2 doubles the channels currently on the GOES satellite. You will not have to move your existing 300 baud time slot, but you will have to get your transmitter upgraded.
CS-1 transmitters are no longer commercially available and the RSFWSU only has a limited number of F6/G5 units with CS-1 transmitters as spares. If a CS-1 transmitter needs repair, it may require downtime and loss of data while the unit is sent in for a repair and return. CS-2 transmitters cannot be substituted for CS-1 transmitters.
If you have an FTS RAWS, determine whether your station has a CS-1 or CS-2 transmitter. CS-2 transmitters have labeling that identifies them directly on the front and side of the F6 logger. You can also select the "TELEMETRY" icon on the home screen of your logger and then select "STATUS" to find the device type for your GOES transmitter.
Contact FTS (https://www.ftsinc.com/) for pricing on the upgrade kits.
- Contact FTS to request a quote for an F6-G6-RETROFIT Kit.
- Have the kit shipped to: RAWS Depot 3833 S. Development Way Bldg 410-C Suite 200 Boise, ID 83705
- Pay for the upgrade kit and then send a copy of your receipt to the RAWS Help Desk. Include the name of the station and NESID in the email message : email@example.com
- RAWS Depot will add the F6-G6 datalogger to your station parts list.
- You may now order the F6-G6 datalogger from your WX Weather station page in the NAMS Place An Order page.